SUTTER COUNTY, Calif. - The California Highway Patrol has named one of the two drivers killed in a head-on crash near the Sutter-Buttes, in Sutter County.
He was identified as 48-year-old Steven Luke Flemming of Yuba City. The CHP said a 17-year-old girl from Live Oak was driving the other car.
Investigators said she was driving a Honda westbound on Pass Road, east of West Butte Road and Flemming was driving a Honda eastbound. They said one of the drivers crossed over into the opposing lane and hit the other head-on, but it has not been determined which car crossed-over.
The CHP said both drivers died at the scene. A passenger in the teenage driver's car, a 17-year-old girl from Yuba City, went to the hospital with moderate injuries.
CHP Officials said alcohol or drug intoxication is not suspected to have contributed to the collision.
- Head-on collision leaves 2 dead
- Fatal Collision Leaves One Dead in Yuba City
- Two Dead After Fatal Head-On Collision in Rio Oso
- 1 person dead after a head-on collision near Redding
- 2 dead after vehicle collision at Capay
- Two Dead Following Fatal Collision in Susanville
- Redding man dead after motorcycle collision
- Two dead after fatal head-on collision on I-5 north of Redding
- Brooklyn shooting leaves four dead
- Bicycle Vs. Vehicle Collision Leaves one in Critical Condition