SHASTA COUNTY, Calif. - Two men are behind bars after stealing wire from a shutdown energy plant.
Sunday, at around 2 p.m., the Shasta County Sheriff’s Office received calls that a silver Dodge Ram was in the area of Black Ranch Road near Vedder Road in Burney pulling a long length of copper cable.
The two men were seen heading towards State Route 299 East in the truck.
Officials say the subjects were attempting to strip the protective coating from the large gauge wire.
Deputies discovered the wires were from 'Covanta' which was once an operational energy plant and has since shut down
Officials found the plant had been burglarized and saw wire which had been tampered with.
Deputies’ continued to follow the evidence in the snow which led them to a residence located at the 38000 block of State Route 299E in Johnson Park.
There they found the suspect with the silver vehicle.
During the investigation, approximately 500 pounds of copper wire was located in the garage of the residence.
The suspects were identified as Robert Dale Cox Jr., age 50, and Robert Paul Milner, age 50, and found to have both felony and misdemeanor warrants.
Both Cox and Milner were not cooperative in the investigation, were booked on their warrants and charged with burglary, possession of stolen property and grand theft.
- Two men arrested in Shasta County
- Two Shasta County Men Arrested for Stealing FEMA Trailers
- Shasta Lake Drug Arrest
- Shasta County Sheriff's deputies arrest shooting suspect
- Shasta County Sheriff's Office: Arrested woman hospitalized
- Shasta County weather watch
- Shasta County Election Results
- Shasta County Frost
- 3 men in Shasta County arrested in connection with soliciting underage prostitutes
- Shasta County Sheriff's Office arrest man on Shasta County Most Wanted