MARYSVILLE, CALIF. - Marysville Police arrested two Yuba City men for conspiracy to commit bank robbery and other felonies. They say the men intended to rob the Umpqua Bank on E Street just after 10 a.m. Thursday morning.
Police Officials say a bank employee called to report a suspicious man trying to cash a stolen check. Officers arrived and stopped 31-year-old Palwinder Mann as he was leaving the bank. They also detained 30-year-old Marcelino Ruiz, who they say was waiting in a car parked in front of the bank.
Investigators say Mann and Ruiz were both on active parole, and that Ruiz was in possession of a black ski mask. They also say a loaded .38 Special revolver handgun was found in the car, and that both men are banned from possessing firearms or ammunition because they are convicted felons.
Officers believe that the two intended to rob the bank, and credit bank employees and the quick response by officers with thwarting that plan. Mann and Ruiz were booked into the Yuba County Jail on several felony charges, including conspiracy to commit a felony, attempted robbery, and being convicted felons in possession of a firearm and ammunition.
- Two men arrested for Attempted Robbery in Marysville
- Marysville man arrested for attempted murder and mayhem
- Marysville Police Arrest Burglary Suspect
- Marysville police arrest CVS robbery suspect in just a minute
- Funnel cloud in Marysville
- Man Arrested in Oroville Attempted Bank Robbery
- Attempted robbery suspect arrested in Downtown Chico
- Police arrest Marysville masseuse for soliciting prostitution
- Police: Marysville man arrested after stabbing fiancée
- Marysville Police arrest man on attempted murder charges, shots fired at occupied home