UPDATE 9:35 a.m. Tuesday, July 24, 2018 - Yuba-Sutter CHP have released the identity of driver, Rachel Hawkins, 32, who was transported to Rideout Emergency Room for major injuries.
Hawkins was traveling west on North Beale Road in a 1998 Ford Explorer, west of College View Drive in the eastbound lane when they collided head-on with a 1993 Toyota Camry carrying two passengers traveling east on North Beale Road.
Two unidentified passengers in the Toyota Camry were pronounced dead on the scene.
Drugs and alcohol are suspected in the collision. Hawkins was arrested on the scene for two counts of vehicular manslaughter and felony DUI.
LINDA, Calif. - The California Highway Patrol says two people were killed in a head on crash in Yuba County.
It happened at 5:30 a.m. Tuesday in a residential area of the city of Linda, near Marysville. Both lanes of North Beale Road is closed from College View Drive to Sutter Street.
We are working to learn more from the California Highway Patrol, as officers are on scene. This is a developing story, check back for more details.
- UPDATE: Two killed in early morning crash in Linda
- Man Killed, Child Survives Early Morning Crash
- Driver Killed in Early Morning Rollover Crash in Red Bluff
- Early Morning Fatal D.U.I. Crash in Cottonwood
- Family's dog killed in early morning house fire
- Updated: Crash Kills Fairfield Man in Nicolaus
- Cell Phone Use Causes Traffic Issues After Early Morning Crashes
- Linda shooting not believed to be gang related
- One Person Dead Following Vehicle-Pedestrian Collision in Linda
- UPDATE: 13 killed in helicopter crash after Mexican quake