REDDING, Calif. -Redding Fire says two people were injured in an RV explosion early Thursday morning.
Investigators say the explosion was caused by a propane leak inside the trailer, which blew out both walls around 5 a.m. Thursday. The RV was parked in the parking lot of the 99 Cent Store on Hilltop Drive. Firefighters have not determined the ignition source of the explosion.
Redding Fire says a couple in their late 50's were inside the RV at the time of the explosion. A man was flown to UC Davis Medical Center with second-degree burns over 60 percent of his body. A woman suffered minor burns to her head, but investigators say a blanket covered her from the fire.
Officials say the couple was living in the 20-foot trailer for some time, and are believed to be homeless. Investigators say they were not victims of the Carr or Camp Fires.
- 2 Injured in Redding RV Explosion
- Redding RV park evacuated due to high river levels
- Camp Fire survivor RV fire
- Neighbors react to Redding home fire & explosion
- Woodson RV Park still closed after flooding
- Woodson Bridge RV Park evacuated, again
- Sacramento River flooding closes RV park
- Russia: Explosion injures 4 at St. Petersburg supermarket
- Fireworks explosion kills 19, injures 31 near Mexico City
- House explosion kills 1, injures 2 in southern Indiana city