Photo Gallery 3 Images
UPDATE: 5/24/2018 11:20 a.m.
HAMILTON CITY, Calif.—According to the Butte County Coroner’s Office the man who died in the head on crash was Enrique Mendoza, age 66 of Hamilton City.
UPDATE: 5/23/2018 4:49 p.m.
HAMILTON CITY, Calif.—As of 4:25 p.m. westbound Highway 32 is now open to traffic.
UPDATE: 5/23/2018 3:57 p.m.
HAMILTON CITY, Calif.—One man is dead and another man is seriously injured after a head on collision on Highway 32 and Hamilton Nord Cana Highway around 1 p.m. Wednesday afternoon.
The California Highway Patrol (CHP) received calls of a silver Infinity car driving westbound that hit a fence and continued driving westbound.
The CHP says that the silver car moved into the eastbound lane, presumably to pass traffic and soon collided head on with a red car driving eastbound.
The driver of the silver car died and had to be removed from the car by firefighters.
The driver of the red car was taken to Enloe with serious injuries.
The CHP Sergeant Robert Boyer says the silver car had to be driving well in excess of the speed limit.
Westbound traffic of Highway 32 is being diverted onto Meridan for the next few hours.
HAMILTON CITY, Calif.—Action News Now received reports of a head on collision.
Action News Now has confirmed with CHP that one person is dead from the crash.
One other person has been sent to the hospital.
The accident is on Highway 32 at mile marker 242.
Highway 32 is closed 2.1 miles east of the Glenn/Butte County line at Hamilton Nord Cana Highway to 3.3 miles west of Chico at Meridian Road due to the traffic collision.
Motorists are advised to use an alternate route.
The reports are that the crash was between a silver sedan and a red SUV.
Action News Now has a reporter on the way.
We will update you as more information comes into our newsroom.
- One Dead After Two Vehicle Crash on Highway 32 Near Hamilton City
- UPDATE: Traffic Alert: Highway 32
- Rollover crash on Highway 32 sends one to hospital
- Weather a factor in crashes on Highway 32
- Suspected DUI driver crashes into creek off Highway 32
- Two Dead After Multi-Vehicle Crash on Highway 99
- Highway 99 reopens after multi-vehicle crash
- Crash causes traffic delays on Highway 99, Hamilton Road
- Police: Vehicle crashes into crowd in German city, some dead
- New stoplights to up safety on Highway 32 in Chico