Two members of the Oroville community have been arrested for transporting nearly half a million dollars worth of marijuana out of state.
Glenn Smith and Juan Reyes, both 43-years old, were arrested last Tuesday while driving on Interstate 80 through Nebraska.
Smith is the head coach for the Oroville Rattlers wrestling team.
According to the Nebraska State Patrol, the two were stopped as they were driving near Lincoln, Nebraska.
Troopers pulled their car over because it was straddling the center line of the highway, and said they could smell marijuana coming from the vehicle when they approached.
After a search of the car, officers found 126-pounds of marijuana in the vehicle's cargo area.
Officers say the estimated value of the marijuana is $378,000.
Smith and Reyes were arrested for 'possession with intent to deliver' and 'no drug tax stamp' and booked into the Seward County Jail.
We can confirm Reyes has been released on bail and is back in Oroville.
We spoke to him but he did not want to discuss the matter.
We also reached out to the Oroville Rattlers for comment but have not gotten a response.
- Two Oroville men busted with 126lbs of marijuana
- Man Arrested After Marijuana Grow Operation Bust in Oroville
- Oroville Police Arrest 2 After Drug Bust
- Oroville City Council to reconsider marijuana ban
- Q&A on marijuana dispensaries held in Oroville
- Oroville; decides no ballot vote for marijuana
- Two Marijuana Busts in One Day, Glenn County
- Drive-By Shooting, Chase, Firearm Bust in Oroville
- Oroville looking at ways to make commercial marijuana sales work
- Marijuana Business Tax Considered at Oroville City Council