MARYSVILLE, Calif. - Two Marysville teens are facing first-degree murder charges for the death of an elderly Idaho woman.
The Yuba County Sheriff's Office said Dustin Garrett Alfaro, 18, and a 17-year-old boy are accused of killing Arlyne Koehler, 87, in Pocatello, ID, Tuesday.
They were captured by Yuba County Deputies in Olivehurst on Wednesday in the area of 8th and Olivehurst Avenues. Deputies had been conducting an investigation into a separate threat incident involving the two teens in Linda and were actively searching for the vehicle.
Authorities are investigating the motive for the killing and why the teens were in Idaho.
Alfaro was booked into the Yuba County Jail with a bail of $1 million, and the 17-year old was booked into juvenile hall.
Yuba County Detectives are working with Pocatello Idaho police as the case remains under investigation.
- Marysville teen charged in murder of Idaho woman
- Two Marysville teens charged in Idaho woman's murder
- Missing Marysville Woman Found After 10 Days
- Caltrans Job Fair in Marysville
- Officer Involved Shooting in Marysville
- Marysville Police Arrest Burglary Suspect
- Marysville man arrested for attempted murder and mayhem
- Marysville woman charged for stealing money from her grandmother's bank accout
- Marysville residents react to Highway 70 plans
- Marysville PD: 'Catapult EMS saves lives'