UPDATE 4:47 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 16, 2019 - The Butte County Sheriff's Office has released more information regarding the hikers that got lost in the Feather Falls area.
According to the release, the sheriff's office got a call from a teenager around 6:15 p.m. on Tuesday reporting that he had been hiking in the Feather Falls area with four friends, but two of them had been missing for hours.
By 11 p.m., search and rescue teams found the missing teens located 200 feet below the Feather Falls outlook.
The search teams worked through the night and by 5:25 a.m. on Wednesday, they were able to bring the first teen to safety.
The second teen was rescued soon after and both were reunited with their families.
FEATHER FALLS, Calif. -Cal Fire and Butte County Search and Rescue saved two hikers from a ledge at Feather Falls. The Butte County Sheriff's Office says it started at around midnight Tuesday, when they received a call saying five people were hiking when two people became separated from their group.
At around 2 a.m. Wednesday, crews found the missing hikers on a ledge 200 feet below the Feather Falls lookout point's wooden platform. Rescuers were unable to bring in helicopters or vehicles, so they went in on foot and repelled down the ledge with ropes.
Crews managed to bring one person was back up to the trailhead at 5 a.m. Wednesday. Crews were able to rescue the second person at around 6 a.m.
Action News Now has a reporter on the way to the scene of the rescue. This is a developing story, check back for updates.
- Two Hikers Rescued from Feather Falls
- Feather River Health Center Reopens
- Feather Falls Casino Holds Camp Fire Benefit Concert
- Feather Falls Brewing Company Releases 'Butte Strong' IPA
- Feather Falls Casino Fire Contained, Evacuees Can Return
- Oroville's Feather Fiesta Days Spans Two Weekends
- Feather River Flows Increase Until June
- Feather River Fish Hatchery Ladder Opens Friday
- Video Shows Helicopter Rescue of 2 Hikers in Yosemite
- UPDATE: Oregon Hiker Found Safe