SUTTER COUNTY, Calif. - A stolen car pursuit ended in a deadly crash in Sutter County Thursday morning.
It started just after 8 a.m. on Highway 20 in Colusa County. Police said the driver reached speeds of up to 100 miles per hour.
The California Highway Patrol says the chase ended on the Sutter Bypass Bridge between the town of Meridian and Yuba City when 21-year-old Jared Russel of Yuba City tried to pass a car and hit an oncoming semi-truck head-on.
Russel and his passenger, 25-year-old Kelli Zanon of Yuba City, died of their injuries after being taken to area hospitals.
The driver of the big rig was not hurt.
- 2 killed in stolen car crash
- Car crash near I-5 kills 1 woman
- Stolen bear spray leads to stolen car, 3 arrested
- Police capture suspected shoplifters in stolen car
- CHP fishes stolen car from Feather River
- Stolen car police chase, one passenger dead
- Chico State mom killed in car crash after visiting son
- 2 children died after a stolen police cruiser crashed into their car outside a library
- Car crashes into Chico business
- Car Crashes Into Oroville Home