SUSANVILLE, Calif. - Two died and three were injured in a fatal collision in Susanville on August 21.
According reports from California Highway Patrol, Douglas Hansken, 67, of Chester, was traveling northbound on US-395 in a black GMC Sierra pickup.
A silver Chevrolet Cruze with four passengers was traveling southbound on US-395. To the rear of the Chevrolet Cruze was a white Hyundai Elantra with five passengers. To the rear of that vehicle was a silver Ford Escape with four passengers.
Hanksen's vehicle swerved across the solid double yellow lines and into the southbound lane, side swiping the silver Chevrolet.
Following that impact, the GMC continued driving in the southbound lane and struck the white Hyundai head on. The GMC then rolled on its side and was struck by the Ford.
As a result of the collision, both northbound and southbound lanes were blocked.
One subject was pronounced dead on the scene, and all other subjects involved in the collision were transported by medical personnel to hospitals for treatment. Another subject was pronounced dead at Renown Medical Center in Reno, Nevada. The names of the victims have not yet been released.
Hansken was arrested at the scene for driving under the influence and gross vehicular manslaughter. Due to the extend of his injuries, he was flown by air ambulance to Renown Medical Center.
Stay tuned for more updates. This is a developing story.
- Two Dead Following Fatal Collision in Susanville
- Fatal Collision Leaves One Dead in Yuba City
- Two Dead After Fatal Head-On Collision in Rio Oso
- Forward progress stopped on Cummings Fire in Susanville
- Susanville Interagency Fire Center stopped progression on 7 fires
- Several inmates injured in Susanville Correction Center riot
- 2 dead after vehicle collision at Capay
- Redding man dead after motorcycle collision
- Two dead after fatal head-on collision on I-5 north of Redding
- Susanville man Accused of Making Threats to Police; Drugs and Firearms Seized