CHICO, Calif. - The on-ramp from Skyway to northbound Highway 99 closed today following a two-car rollover collision.
According to Chris Zinko, division chief for the Chico Fire Department, a man in a pickup truck was pulled over on the side of the road on northbound Highway 99 close to the on-ramp coming from Skyway.
A woman was traveling on the on-ramp, attempting to enter the northbound on Highway 99, when the pickup truck started to merge back onto Highway 99.
The two cars collided, causing the pickup truck to completely flip over, and the other vehicle to roll on its side. Both drivers are in stable condition.
The man suffered a minor head wound and was taken to Enloe Medical Center for treatment.
The woman was trapped inside of the car and needed assistance from officials to get out. She suffered minor injuries.
The on-ramp is expected to re-open by 3:30 p.m.
- Two-Car Rollover Crash Closes SR 99 On-ramp
- Caltrans to close some ramps, lanes on SR 99 starting May 20
- Rollover Crash Causes Delays on Highway 99
- California Highway Patrol Investigating Rollover Crash on Highway 99
- Hwy 99 reopened after logging truck rollover
- Rollover crash temporarily closes Pentz Road
- Hwy 99 Crash Spike
- Crashes on SR 99, Garner Lane double in the past year
- Driver hospitalized after crashing into tree at Highway 99 on-ramp
- Dump Truck rollover blocks both lanes on northbound Highway 99