CHICO, Calif. - The on-ramp from Skyway to northbound Highway 99 closed today following a two-car rollover collision.
According to Chris Zinko, division chief for the Chico Fire Department, a man in a pickup truck was pulled over on the side of the road on northbound Highway 99 close to the on-ramp coming from Skyway.
A woman was traveling on the on-ramp, attempting to enter the northbound on Highway 99, when the pickup truck started to merge back onto Highway 99.
The two cars collided, causing the pickup truck to completely flip over, and the other vehicle to roll on its side. Both drivers are in stable condition.
The man suffered a minor head wound and was taken to Enloe Medical Center for treatment.
The woman was trapped inside of the car and needed assistance from officials to get out. She suffered minor injuries.
The on-ramp is expected to re-open by 3:30 p.m.
- Two-Car Rollover Crash Closes SR 99 On-ramp
- Hwy 99 reopened after logging truck rollover
- Fatal car crash on Highway 99 leaves one dead
- Car Catches Fire on Highway 99
- Victim Identified in Highway 99 Crash
- Victim Identified in Deadly Highway 99 Crash
- Second Left Turn Lane Added to Highway 99 Off-ramp in Chico
- Rollover crash in Redding leaves one dead
- Lake Almanor boat ramp closing for the winter
- Officials say wet roads a factor in four-car crash on Hwy 99