Photo Gallery 3 Images
Los Molinos, Calif.—Monday evening around 5:30 p.m. the Tehama County Sheriff’s dispatch received a 911 call from the clerk at Crosslands Country Store regarding a theft that had just occurred.
The clerk said that a man in a black Saturn SUV stole a display box containing lottery tickets from the store.
The clerk said that the SUV drove northbound on Highway 99.
A witness followed the car and called 911 saying the car turned east on 7th Avenue and then south on Shasta Boulevard.
While the car was driving on Shasta Boulevard a female got out and the car continued to drive south on Shasta Boulevard.
The witness told dispatch that the car went back north on Highway 99.
A Tehama County District Attorney Investigator was in the area and conducted a traffic stop on the Saturn.
Deputies arrived and assisted taking the subject into custody.
The suspect was identified as Mr. Palos.
The lottery tickets were in the car and recovered.
Deputies later located the female subject who was identified as Ms. Otlowski.
Otlowski was taken into custody without incident.
Deputies watched the video of the incident and learned that Otlowski had backed the car up so that when Palos ran out they could make a quick getaway.
Items in the car linked Otlowski to the car.
Both suspects were arrested and booked into the Tehama County Jail.
- Two Arrested in Lottery Ticket Theft
- $1.7M Lottery Ticket Sold in Corning
- Three arrests in Redding auto-theft sting
- Married couple arrested after suspected car theft
- 6 arrested after Chico theft enforcement operation
- Chico Police Arrest Man for Auto-Theft
- Chico Man Arrested for Theft and Drugs
- Gridley man arrested for vehicle thefts
- Another Campaign Sign Theft
- Oroville Campaign Sign Theft