PARADISE, Calif. - Nearly one year after the Camp Fire, the Tuscan Ridge Golf Course is now for sale.
The 163 acre-lot is going for $60 million and is currently being leased by ECC Constructors, a company contracted by Cal Recycle to help with debris clean up.
The deal includes housing Cal Recycle employees in trailers on the property.
Action News Now spoke with locals about how they would like the area to be used.
"As simple as possible," said Marsha Otto. "If it was a nice neighborhood would be okay, but nothing metropolitan."
"I'd like to see open land, like an animal exhibit," said Les Scott.
Many people Action News Now spoke with said they want to keep the land feeling like part of the natural landscape in Paradise.
- Tuscan Ridge Golf Club property up for sale
- Tuscan Ridge Golf Course to house 1,500 Camp Fire workers
- Camp Fire worker base camp at Tuscan Ridge is coming down
- Burned property problems on the ridge
- 'Rock the Ridge' rocks Chico
- Water progress on the ridge
- Home, home on the Ridge!
- Stolen Property, Firearms Found at Yard Sale in Chico
- Ridge Quilters to host Holiday Home Tour
- Body identified in Kelly Ridge area