WASHINGTON (AP) - President Donald Trump is threatening to cut off U.S. aid money to the Palestinian Authority and acknowledging that the Middle East peace process appears to be stalled.
Trump says in a pair of tweets that, "we pay the Palestinians HUNDRED OF MILLIONS OF DOLLARS a year and get no appreciation or respect. They don't even want to negotiate a long overdue ... peace treaty with Israel."
He adds that, "with the Palestinians no longer willing to talk peace, why should we make any of these massive future payments to them?"
Trump infuriated many when he announced late last year that the U.S. would consider Jerusalem the capital of Israel and move its embassy there.
Trump has long said he wants to broker Mideast peace, calling it "the ultimate deal."
- Trump threats to cut off US aid to Palestinian Authority
- Chico supports World AIDS Day
- Goats Aid in Fire Safety
- House panel approves tax cuts
- Chico Author Pens Children's Book
- Seized Marijuana Equipment aids Agriculture Students
- T-Mobile Aiding Camp Fire Evacuees
- National School Threat Reaches Redding
- High Fire-Threat District Map
- Tabloid held porn star's 2011 interview after Trump threat