The Latest on President Donald Trump and first lady Melania Trump testing positive for the coronavirus (all times EDT):
WASHINGTON (AP) -
President Donald Trump has arrived at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center and released a video saying that he thinks he's “doing very well.”
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 2, 2020
Marine One landed near the military hospital on Friday evening, and Trump was driven to the large complex. White House officials say that the visit is precautionary and that Trump will work from the hospital’s presidential suite, which is equipped to allow him to continue his official duties.
When he walked out of the White House, he was wearing a mask and gave a thumbs-up to reporters. He also released a video on Twitter, saying, “I think I’m doing very well, but we’re going to make sure that things work out.”
White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany said that Trump “remains in good spirits, has mild symptoms, and has been working throughout the day."
Trump walked out of the White House to the helicopter Friday evening on his way to Walter Reed National Military Medical Center.
The White House says President Donald Trump will spend a “few days” at a military hospital after contracting COVID-19.
Trump is to depart the White House by helicopter late Friday for Walter Reed National Military Medical Center, a White House official said.
The official said the visit was precautionary and that Trump would work from the hospital’s presidential suite, which is equipped to allow him to continue his official duties.
Earlier Friday the White House said Trump remains “fatigued” and had been injected with an experimental antibody cocktail for the virus that has killed more than 205,000 Americans.
The president announced early Friday that he and the first lady had tested positive for the coronavirus. The results came hours after it was revealed that top White House aide Hope Hicks had contracted COVID-19.
His Democratic challenger, Joe Biden, and his wife, Jill, said they have tested negative after encountering Trump at Tuesday's debate.
Joe Biden’s campaign is taking down its attack ads in the wake of President Donald Trump’s coronavirus infection.
That’s according to a Biden campaign official who spoke on the condition of anonymity on Friday to discuss internal planning.
The Democrat’s campaign is removing all its negative ads, although in some cases, it may take days for ads already in circulation to stop running. The official says Biden made the decision before news surfaced that Trump was being transferred to a military hospital for a “few days" of treatment.
At least so far, Trump’s campaign has not begun removing any of its attack ads against Biden.
The presidential election is just over one month away.