LA MALBAIE, Quebec - A quick prompt from Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau produced an all smiles photo of the G7 leaders.
Earlier, he welcomed President Trump to the summit with a warm handshake.
But just hours before at the white house, the president was not so friendly.
"We are not going to live with the deals the way they are. European Union treats us very unfairly. Canada, very unfairly,” Trump said.
American allies are fuming over new tariffs on steel and aluminum imports and over the president saying those tariffs will strengthen national security.
Trudeau has called the claim "insulting" and "laughable."
On Friday he and President Trump had a one-on-one meeting and made a joke about their differences.
“Justin has agreed to cut all tariffs and all trade barriers between Canada and the United States. So I’m very happy with it,” Trump said.
“So I'd say NAFTA's in good shape,” Trudeau said.
French President Emmanuel Macron also sat down with President Trump and he said the results were positive.
“I saw a willingness to come to agreement and have a win-win approach,” Macron said.
Macron has made clear if talks don't lead to compromise, the other six leaders would be willing to sign a common communique by the end of the summit ”without*” the U.S.
But President Trump's focus may be divided, on Friday morning, he suggested Russia should be allowed back into the group.
Vladimir Putin was kicked out in 2014 for annexing Crimea.
"They should let Russia come back in because we should have Russia at the negotiating table," Trump said.
And the president said he is still prepping for his summit with Kim Jong-un even during his trip to Canada.
- Trump Suggests Russia Rejoin the G7 Summit, Ahead of Kim Jong Un Meeting
- Trump Says June 12 Summit With Kim Jong Un Back On
- Takeaways from the Trump-Kim Hanoi summit
- President Trump and Putin Meet for Summit in Finland
- Trump pushes suggestions to prevent gun violence
- Trump suggests tariffs may exempt Australia, Mexico, Canada
- Trump says Putin summit likely in July, Europe
- Trump to Meet with California Wildfire Victims
- Annual Tourism Summit in Shasta County
- Hawaii Volcano Erupts from Summit, Shooting Ash