Photo Gallery 1 Images
UPDATE: 4:30 p.m. Thursday, November 23, 2017 - Mugshot of 37 year old James Wells of Magalia added to story.
A man was arrested in Magalia for being in possession of a stolen vehicle on Thanksgiving morning.
A truck that was reported stolen from Chico was recovered by sheriff's deputies in Magalia Thanksgiving morning at about 10:00 a.m.
Deputy J. Voris was patrolling on Jordan Hills Road at Coutolenc Road when he noticed a suspicious vehicle parked in the area. Two men were standing near the grey 2004 Ford 250.
The plates were run on the truck
At about 10:00 a.m. Butte County Sheriff's Office Deputy J. Voris was patrolling on Jordan Hill Road at Coutelenc Road in Magalia when observed a suspicious vehicle with two men standing next to it.
The vehicle was a gray 2004 Ford F250. When Officer Voris ran the license plate through dispatch he discovered the truck had been stolen recently from Chico.
One of the men, James Wells, was arrested for possession of the stolen truck. Wells was out on bail for a previous arrest after he had allegedly been found with another stolen vehicle. The other man, Julius Hinman, was questioned and released.
James Wells is in custody and his bail has been set at $40,000. His charges include possession of a stolen vehicle, and being arrested for a felony while out of custody on bail.
The owner of the stolen truck was told of it's recovery, and later had his truck returned to him.
- Truck stolen from Chico found in Magalia, suspect arrested
- CAL FIRE arrests suspected arsonist in Magalia
- Magalia Man Arrested in Shooting
- Chico Police arrest stolen car suspect wearing victim's shoes
- Magalia stabbing suspect on the loose
- Deputy Assaulted, Two Men Arrested in Magalia
- Chico High Burglary Suspect Arrested
- Chico Police Arrest Shooting Suspects
- Man's Truck Stolen From Hospital Parking Lot: Found Stripped