CHICO, Calif. - Cal Fire partnered with the Butte County Search and Rescue team to rescue a truck driver whose vehicle got stuck in flooded waters in Chico.
Authorities say that the driver ignored the closed road barrier signs and got stuck in the flooded waters off of Ord Ferry Road and River Road.
Cal Fire crews rescued the driver by boat from 5-6 feet of water, and he was taken away from the scene by California Highway Patrol officers.
Bambauer Towing took several hours to remove the truck early Saturday morning.
- VIDEO ADDED: Stuck big rig gets removed from roadway
- Big rig crash causes closure of I-5
- Overturned big rig southbound I-5, lanes reopen
- Big Rig crash on Durham Dayton Highway in Chico
- Calif. big-rig crash scatters McDonald's fries by freeway
- Southbound Bonneyview Exit Reopened After Big Rig Fire
- Traffic Alert: NB I-5 Slowed due to Overturned Big Rig
- Big Rig Back-up Continues with I-5 Closure
- Overturned Big-Rig Causes Fuel Spill on Spanish Creek Bridge
- Big Rig Crash Causing Traffic Delays on Highway 99