REDDING, Calif - Shasta County is known for its natural beauty and hot summer days.
But not even a triple-digit degree day can keep people indoors.
"If you don’t like the heat stay out of the kitchen,” laughed Redding resident Shawn O'Brien “because it’s always like that around here."
Dozens of people headed outdoors Tuesday to see the beautiful gardens, trails, and of course the bridge that Redding has to offer.
"I try to get out here before 9:30 otherwise it gets a little warm but it should be taken advantage of more than what I see," said Elaine Kucera.
Tuesday’s temperatures were in the 90’s when Action News Now went out, but as the time passed the temperature kept rising and much to our surprise people kept heading outdoors.
Despite the high temperatures, many people found ways to beat the heat.
"I have to have a face fan you see," said
"Got to have the water .. Keep me hydrated," said O’Brien.
Adding the summer heat is what residents expect and love about this area.
"If you're living in Redding you expect the heat and that’s one of the reasons we live here,” said Kucera “both me and my husband are sun people and we wouldn’t live any place else."
- Triple Digit Temperature Creep Into the Week
- Triple Digit Temperature Across Valley This Week
- Triple digit heat & high fire danger ahead for your Tuesday
- Critters at Redding's Turtle Bay Beat Triple-Digit Heat
- Mountain t-storms linger today & triple digit heat returns this week
- Hot Temperatures Again Next Week!
- Digital Spring Cleaning Tips
- Triple digit heat & extreme fire danger are ahead for your weekend
- Triple digit heat possible today, but very welcome changes are ahead
- Study: California sea lion population has tripled