The financial news and opinion website "24/7 Wall Street" ranks Trinity County as the poorest county in California.
To identify the poorest counties in each state, the agency reviewed median annual household income for every county in the United States with at least 10,000 residents, using data from the U.S. Census Bureau.
Trinity County's median household income is $35,270.00 ... compared to the state median household income of $63,783.00.
The poverty rate in Trinity County stands at twenty percent, with a five percent unemployment rate.
The website says that with just four people per square mile, the county is one of the least densely populated counties in California, and analysts say it lacks much of the economic activity prevalent in the more dense and prosperous parts of the state.
- Trinity County poorest in California
- Trinity County votes: Local measures
- Trinity County's Presiding Superior Court Judge Resigns
- Trinity County Sheriff Deputies Arrest Murder Suspect
- One Dead After Trinity County Fight
- Authorities searching for Trinity County shooting suspect
- Captain Fire burning in Trinity County
- Vegetation fire threatening structure in Trinity County
- 2020 Voting information for Trinity County
- Trinity County creates recovery team to help Helena Fire victims