CHICO, Calif. – Some homeowners are furious about trash piling up along Little Chico Creek.
Chico local, Nick Bishop told Action News Now that he is fed up.
“Clothes, bottles, bicycles, discarded food... they’re living out here, and it smells.”
Sick is the word that Bishop used to describe the litter piled up at Little Chico Creek. What started out as a quick and fun coin hunting with his metal detector quickly became a trail of horror.
He said he feels the homeless have no respect for themselves or others.
“Would their apartment look like this, you know, would their home look like this, they don’t even respect where they’re sleeping at,” Bishop said.
Piles of trash can be seen on Humboldt road and it goes on for about half a mile.
Bishop isn’t the only one who’s upset about the trash trail at the creek.
Chico local, Robert Schooley said he’s disgusted.
“You know, I know it’s a hard time to be out in the streets and trying to find a place to throw your garbage and I wouldn’t think it would be that difficult,” Schooley said.
Bishop and Schooley both want to help volunteer to pick up the mess.
Chico police are working to schedule a time to clean up the mess at the creek.
Bishop said he posted on social media, in an attempt to get support for a group clean-up to take care of the mess. The City of Chico also has a volunteer calendar where clean-ups are often posted if you would like to help out.
- Locals are furious over trash piles along Little Chico Creek
- Chico residents furious over trash at City Plaza
- Citizens for a Safe Chico disturbed by trash in creek
- Trash dumping concerns in Chico
- Among the trash: 1,000 needles found in Little Chico Creek clean up
- Citizen volunteers tackle trash in Chico
- Chico community watch volunteers clean trash
- Chico residents outraged with trash overflow
- St. Elizabeth's trailer trashed
- Little Chico Creek students donate $1,500 to Chico Animal Shelter