UPDATE: 2:49 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 5 - A Shasta County jury found a man guilty of domestic violence, assault, and leading police on a chase, among other charges.
33-year-old Timothy Chiemwichitra faces up to 11 years behind bars, according to the Shasta County District Attorney's Office.
Police arrested him after a pursuit that ended at the intersection of Willis and Shasta Streets in Redding in July 2019.
Chiemwichitra will be sentenced on Feb. 24.
REDDING, Calif. – Police arrested a wanted felon after a short pursuit that ended at the intersection of Willis and Shasta Streets on Saturday morning.
Officers from the Redding Police Department said they were attempting to conduct a traffic stop on a vehicle but the driver refused to stop. This happened just after 11:30 in the morning on Saturday, July 20, 2019.
The driver struck a cement wall at the intersection of Willis and Shasta Streets and ran from police.
33-year-old Timothy Chiemwichitra of Redding was the driver of the vehicle according to police, who apprehended him and identified him as a wanted felon relating to a domestic violence incident and a charge for assault with a deadly weapon.
The Redding Police Department was assisted by the California Highway Patrol (CHP) in their search for Chiemwichitra. They spotted him in some vegetation near a home in the 1300 block of Willis Street. Officers said the wanted felon was not cooperative. With the help of K-9 Nord, Chiemwichitra was taken into custody.
The felon was taken to Shasta Regional Hospital for treatment prior to being booked at the Shasta County Jail on charges of felony domestic violence, assault with a deadly weapon, evading a police officer, and resisting arrest.
- Traffic stop attempt ends with arrest of wanted felon
- Two Wanted Felons Arrested During Traffic Stop
- Redding Police: Wanted Felon's Daughter Ends Standoff
- Traffic stop ends in drug bust, arrests
- Chico Police Arrest Wanted Felon after Standoff
- Wanted felon arrested by Chico K-9 Officer
- Wanted felon arrested in Humboldt County
- Redding Police arrest two wanted felons
- Anderson Traffic Stop Finds Felon with Drugs and Gun
- Traffic stop leads to arrest in attempted cell phone robbery