REDDING, Calif. - Redding firefighters and CHP responded to a vehicle fire along Highway 44, just below the Interstate 5 overpass on Friday morning.
The fire caused Caltrans to close the connector ramp from southbound Interstate 5 to eastbound Highway 44 in Redding for nearly an hour.
UPDATE: SR 44 at I-5 overcrossing (Shasta County) - The southbound I-5 to eastbound 44 connector is currently closed, along with the eastbound #2 lane on SR 44, due to vehicle fire. CT on scene. WILL UPDATE
— Caltrans District 2 (@CaltransD2) February 14, 2020
The vehicle fire broke out around 10:30 a.m. Then, around 11:30 a.m. Caltrans announced they were able to open up the connector ramp to eastbound Highway 44.
- Traffic returns to normal after vehicle fire on Highway 44 at I-5
- Traffic Alert: Redding Highway 44
- Bear causes traffic delays on Highway 44
- Traffic returns to normal after vehicle versus train crash in Chico
- Traffic Alerts: Highway 299
- Southbound traffic on Interstate 5 returns to normal after putting out vegetation fire
- Man dead after car rolled off Highway 44
- Moving truck crash causes delays on Highway 44
- TRAFFIC ALERT: I-5 Accident Near Redding
- Klamathon Fire:One fatality confirmed, I-5 traffic open again