Update 5:58 p.m., August 9, 2019 - Traffic has returned back to normal.
CHP will continue to investigate the situation.
CHICO, Calif. - Traffic is stopped at an intersection in Chico after a vehicle was hit by a passing train.
Traffic is being stopped at the train tracks on Highway 32 and W. East Avenue. The train is currently stopped in that intersection is not affecting any other areas.
Action News now spoke to two people who were in the car that was hit. They said they were stopped on the train tracks in traffic but were able to get out of the vehicle before the train hit.
CHP is asking people to avoid the area as they investigate the crash.
To avoid traffic delays, please avoid the area of East Avenue at State Route 32 while we investigate a traffic collision.
— CHP Chico (@CHP_Chico) August 9, 2019
This is a developing story. Stay tuned for updates.
- Traffic returns to normal after vehicle versus train crash in Chico
- Victims Identified in Motorcycle Versus Vehicle Collision
- Vehicle versus bicyclist leaves one with major injuries in Redding
- Victim Identified in Fatal Vehicle Versus Pedestrian Collision
- Vehicle Versus Pedestrian Hit and Run at Orland School
- Fatal Pedestrian Versus Vehicle Collision on Larkin Road
- Man in Critical Condition Following Vehicle Versus Wheelchair Collision
- Cal Fire Responding to Train Versus Big-Rig Collision
- Southbound traffic on Interstate 5 returns to normal after putting out vegetation fire
- Commercial-vehicle crashes triple in Chico