SHASTA COUNTY, Calif. - Caltrans District 2 is advising motorists of a 2-hour delay on northbound I-5 south of Shasta Lake.
Caltrans said the delay is partially due to construction work at the Pit River Bridge, but it is also because of the high volume of vehicles on I-5.
The agency asks motorists to avoid the area until after 7 p.m. when traffic is expected to clear up.
Below is the Waze live traffic map:
Stay up-to-date with the status of the road through Caltrans' Quick Map by CLICKING HERE.
Stay with Action News Now for the latest updates as they become available.
I-5 NORTHBOUND CURRENTLY HAS DELAY UP TO 2 HOURS. THIS DELAY IS IN PART DUE TO CONSTRUCTION WORK AT THE PIT RIVER BRIDGE BUT IT IS ALSO AN INDICATION OF A LARGER NUMBER OF VEHICLES ON THAT STRETCH OF I-5.
WE ANTICIPATE TRAFFIC VOLUME TO DECREASE AFTER PEAK HOURS.
— Caltrans District 2 (@CaltransD2) June 5, 2019
- Traffic backup causes 2-hour delay on NB I-5 south of Shasta Lake
- Disabled big rig causes hour-long delays on NB I-5
- Traffic Alert: NB I-5 Slowed due to Overturned Big Rig
- TRAFFIC ALERT: NB I-5 Currently Closed in Anderson
- UPDATE: Vehicle screening at Fawndale Road NB I-5
- Motorcycle crash causes traffic delays on I-5, Knighton Road
- Big-rig crash causes traffic delays on I-5
- Shasta Lake Drug Arrest
- Road Construction at the City of Shasta Lake, Expect Delays
- Overturned vehicle causes delays on I-5