BUTTE COUNTY, Calif. - PG&E is reminding people about a road closure on the Skyway, however, it has been delayed and will start on Sunday.
The road closure was originally scheduled to start Friday night and run through Sunday night. However, due to the rain forecast, that closure will start on Sunday, Dec. 15 at 6 p.m.
PG&E said both the westbound and eastbound lanes of the Skyway west of Skyway Crossroad Road in Paradise will be closed and one-way traffic controls will be in place until 6 a.m. the next day.
There will be a pilot vehicle to guide traffic in both directions along the Skyway between Skyway Crossroad Road to a crossing one mile west. PG&E said drivers should expect delays of up to 30 minutes during these closure times.
PG&E said the closures are necessary for an electric undergrounding project where their contractor needs to trench across and along the westbound lanes of the Skyway.
A contractor for PG&E is installing a 12,000-volt underground electric line, mainly on the southside shoulder of the Skyway from the former Tuscan Ridge Golf Club to Paradise.
This is phase two of a project, according to PG&E. The first phase was a 12,000-volt underground line from Chico to the Tuscan Ridge Golf Course built earlier this year.
The new underground line will provide an additional source of power for both the Tuscan Ridge site and for Paradise, thereby improving electric reliability, PG&E said.
- Traffic alert: One-way traffic controls on Skyway in Paradise
- Traffic Alert for the town of Paradise
- Traffic Alert: Kennedy Avenue
- Traffic Alerts: Highway 299
- Northern California traffic alerts
- Redding traffic alert
- UPDATE: Traffic Alert: Highway 32
- Traffic Alert: Redding Highway 44
- CHP: Fertilizer spray truck crashes on the Skyway, traffic affected
- Traffic Controls Scheduled Through Chico State