REDDING, Calif. - Redding police are still looking for a man who crashed a stolen pickup truck into a dentist’s office after a failed traffic stop at around 9:15 a.m. Wednesday morning.
“I attempted to stop the vehicle,” said Redding Police Officer Brian Berg. “It failed to stop and pulled into a private driveway. The driver jumped out of the vehicle while it was still rolling and fled. A passenger also fled.”
Police also found a loaded, high-powered assault rifle in the driver's seat of the vehicle.
The incident prompted an all-out manhunt near Eureka Way and Court Street.
K9 units and CHP helicopters were called in to assist in the search which lasted several hours.
Berg said the area is known for being prone to crime and he was already investigating another crime when he noticed a white Dodge Ram truck missing a license plate which prompted the stop.
“We typically try to patrol those areas along with the rest of the city keeping everybody safe,” he said. “So proactive policing that we try to do is very important.”
Police believe they know the identity of the driver who is thought to have fled to a nearby home.
They say the suspect is not a threat to the public at this time.
If you have any information, you're asked to contact the Redding Police Department.
- Traffic Stop Leads to Manhunt in Redding
- Redding traffic stop leads to arrests for drugs and gun
- Chico traffic stop leads to drug arrest
- Roseville identity theft manhunt
- Redding traffic alert
- Traffic stop leads to arrest in attempted cell phone robbery
- Traffic Stop Leads to Drug Bust in Orland
- Oroville Traffic Stop Leads to Arrest on Drug Charges
- Traffic Stop Leads to Arrest and Stolen Vehicle Recovery
- Traffic Stop Leads to Drug Bust in Trinity County