UPDATE 2:00 p.m. Saturday 6-23-2018 - The Palm Fire is now 100 percent contained and roads have been reopened.
UPDATE: 12:45 p.m. Saturday 6-23-2018 - CAL FIRE officials report that the Palm Fire is now 60 percent contained. Forward progress of the fire has been stopped and the road will remain closed for the next few hours.
UPDATE: 12:45 p.m. Saturday 6-23-2018 - The home that burned down was located at 5533 Happy Valley Rd., just a block away from the Happy Valley Fire Station. The fire was moving in the direction of the fire station. CAL FIRE quickly initiated an aggressive aerial attack, and was able to contain the fire at five acres. Currently there are active hotspots within the perimeter of the fire, which are the targets of the firefighters activities this hour.
The only road closure currently in place is Happy Valley Rd. from Newcastle Rd. to Olinda Rd.
UPDATE 12:04 p.m. Saturday 6-23-2018 - Action News Now reporter Spencer Joseph is at the scene of the Palm Fire, and tells us that one structure is now burning.
Multiple aircraft are being used to fight this fire and contain it as quickly as possible.
The CHP is now assisting firefighters with road closures in Happy Valley due to the wildfire. Happy Valley Rd. is closed at Newcastle Drive.
HAPPY VALLEY, Calif. - Firefighters are battling a five acre fire at Happy Valley Rd. and Palm Avenue in Shasta County.
It appears the fire is not too far away from the Happy Valley Fire Station. We have a reporter on the way to the scene. Keep checking this article for updates.
- CONTAINED: Palm Fire in Happy Valley Contained and Roads Are Open
- Sunset Fire on Forbestown Road quickly contained
- Paradise Mobile Home Fire Contained
- Ferguson Fire is Fully contained
- Sliger Fire 100 percent contained
- North Fire 100 Percent Contained
- Mendocino Complex Fire Fully Contained
- Junes Fire 100 Percent Contained
- Adams Fire 100 Percent Contained
- Wildland Fire Contained Near Happy Valley off of Canyon Rd. in Shasta Co.