PARADISE, Calif. - The Paradise Town Council unanimously adopted the Community Recovery Plan on Tuesday - a plan that's been in the works for months.
The Community Recovery Plan outlines about 40 projects the town will consider, setting the tone for the direction Paradise will move toward after the Camp Fire.
"The rollercoaster of emotions has been that, you know from anger, denial," said Garrison Chaffee, a Camp Fire survivor.
It's been a hands-on process for Camp Fire survivors in Paradise the past few months.
"Going through the stages together as a community, it's been very tangible and real," Chaffee said.
Survivors gave feedback to the town on what they want to see in Paradise's future.
"It is a room full, four or five times, of people saying I'm interested, I want to be involved," said Glenna Eady, a Camp Fire survivor.
This week, Camp Fire survivors heard the final presentation of the Community Recovery Plan.
Survivors heard more than 40 projects the town will consider, including evacuation routes and an emergency notification system.
"Granted this may not be a perfect plan, it may not please everyone, we need a plan in place," said Lori Manninen, a Camp Fire survivor.
All of the projects will go before the council at future meetings. It is still a long ways away from being a reality, but several survivors say it's worth it.
"I think it's going to result in a town that is even more connected than before," Eady said.
"We just love our community, we think there's great value in staying. You know, I have friends that say what a great chance to be a part of rebuilding the town. It's pretty incredible," Chaffee said.
To view the full plan, CLICK HERE.
- Town of Paradise hears final draft of the Community Recovery Plan
- Paradise presents Community Recovery Plan
- Paradise Town Council talks about disaster recovery
- Paradise Rebuilding and Recovery: Update from Town Councilman Steve Crowder
- Paradise rebuilding and recovery: Update from Town Councilman Michael Zuccolillo
- Paradise rebuilding and recovery: Update from Town Councilman Steve Crowder
- Paradise Rebuilding and Recovery: Paradise hired new Disaster Recovery Manager
- Paradise Town Council hears budget proposal for upcoming year
- Mayor of Paradise talks about Rebuilding and Recovery Planning
- Paradise Irrigation District releases Water System Recovery Plan