Photo Gallery 8 Images
UPDATE 3:25 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 9, 2019 - A tornado warning for South Butte County is canceled.
The tornadic thunderstorm which prompted the warning has weakened and moved out of the warned area.
The public in Oroville reported a funnel cloud to Butte County Law enforcement around 3 p.m.
BUTTE COUNTY, Calif. - The National Weather Service has issued a tornado warning for South Central Butte County until 3:30 p.m. on Jan. 9, 2019.
At 2:46 p.m., a severe thunderstorm capable of producing a tornado was located near Biggs, moving to the northeast at 15 to 20 miles per hour.
The storm will be near Oroville and Thermalito through 3:30 p.m.
This is a developing story. Stay tuned for more details.
- Tornado Warning Canceled in Butte County
- Tornado warning expires in Butte, Glenn Counties
- TORNADO WARNING IS OVER For Butte, Glenn and Colusa Counties
- TORNADO WARNING IN TEHAMA COUNTY
- Tornado warning expired for south Shasta County
- Butte County District Attorney Issues Scam Warning
- Flood Warning in Butte County through Wednesday
- Tornado Warning for parts of Butte and Yuba Counties through 2:45 p.m.
- Butte County ICE raids
- Butte County Fire