Chico Calif.—A tiny home trend is coming to the Chico area.
Contractor Laurie Norton and his wife told Action News Now, they built the homes in an effort to bring something new to Chico and help upgrade the community.
The tiny homes measure up at 576 square feet, with one bedroom and one bathroom.
The tiny homes are mostly energy efficient.
The materials they used and the way the home is built will save energy.
The homes are built with cedar, redwood, and douglas fir.
Most of the wood is recycled from previous projects in the area.
The tiny homes are located on Humboldt Road.
The builders say they have already been drawing a lot of interest from locals.
- Tiny Home Trend Arrives in Chico
- The Cooling Trend Has Arrived
- New year, more tiny homes
- Camp Fire survivor moves into tiny home
- Camp Fire survivor receives Tiny Home
- Major warming trend ahead
- Warming trend peaks today
- The warming trend continues!
- Non-Profit Kicks Off Tiny House Build Off in Chico
- California city approves tiny home plan to tackle homeless