Updated 10:50 a.m. Friday, Apr. 19, 2019 - Officials from Butte County Public Health said three new cases have been confirmed bringing the total number to 10.
Even though public exposure locations in Chico have been identified for these cases, the investigation is ongoing and more locations will be added to the list of exposure locations.
For that list, click here.
Residents of Butte County can text BUTTE MEASLES to 898211 to receive public health information.
BUTTE COUNTY, Calif. - Three new measles cases were confirmed Friday in Butte County, bringing the total to 10. These cases are linked to the original measles cluster announced on March 24, 2019. (CLICK HERE for a list of cases by county)
If you or a friend or family member were an Enloe Medical Center in Chico between April 10 and April 17, 2019, you may have been exposed to the measles. (CLICK HERE for a link to other locations)
If you are ill with a fever, rash, cough, runny nose or red watery eyes and were present at any of the locations listed during indicated time-frames, you may have been exposed to the measles. If so, you are asked to call Butte County Public Health at (530) 552-3929.
If you think you have symptoms of measles you are asked to call your doctor immediately. Public Health is advising people to avoid going to a clinic, hospital or physician's office before calling their facility.
- Butte County Measles Cases
- Measles outbreak: Cases confirmed in Butte, Shasta counties
- Three new measles cases confirmed in Butte County
- Health officials confirm 11th case of measles in Butte County
- Butte County health officials confirm 1 additional measles case
- Measles outbreak: 2 more cases confirmed in Butte County
- Now 7 confirmed measles cases in Butte County
- Measles case confirmed in Shasta County
- 1 measles case confirmed in Glenn County
- Measles case confirmed at Chico State