SHASTA COUNTY, Calif - In a multi-agency effort involving the Shasta County Sheriff's Office, the Shasta County District Attorney's Office, and Anderson Police, three men were arrested for trying to solicit prostitution from teenage girls.
On Oct. 18-19, undercover officers created an ad on several websites frequently used in the prostitution/escort community, posing as a young female prostitute between the age of 15-16 years old.
The ad attracted three possible suspects who agreed to meet with the believed teenage prostitute after negotiating a price with her.
61-year-old Keith Hoppes, of Redding, agreed to allow a believed 15-year-old runaway female prostitute to perform her prostitution business inside his residence along with offering to provide her with housing, protection, and transportation, said police.
Hoppes was arrested after arriving at the designated meeting location showing undercover officers his intention to follow through with the agreement.
Hoppes was booked into the Shasta County Jail for Pandering, arranging a meeting with a minor for sexual purposes, and arriving at a meeting with a minor for sexual purposes.
Under similar circumstances, 42-year-old Yao Liew, from Redding, and 36-year-old Christopher Henderson, from Missouri, Texas, were arrested under similar circumstances after arriving at the designated meeting location showing undercover officers his intention to follow through with the agreement of soliciting prostitution from a teenager.
According to police, Henderson also offered to design and manage a prostitution website in exchange for the minor's sexual services and a portion of her future profits. Along with the website, Henderson arranged a meeting to exchange his photography services for the minor's sexual services.
Liew was booked into the Shasta County Jail for arranging a meeting with a minor for sexual purposes, arriving at a meeting with a minor for sexual purposes, causing harmful material to be sent from a minor, and resisting arrest.
Henderson was booked into the Shasta County Jail for pandering, arranging a meeting with a minor for sexual purposes, and arriving at a meeting with a minor for sexual purposes.
- 3 men in Shasta County arrested in connection with soliciting underage prostitutes
- Police arrest Marysville masseuse for soliciting prostitution
- Patriots owner Robert Kraft pleads not guilty to soliciting prostitution
- Two Shasta County Men Arrested for Stealing FEMA Trailers
- Shasta Lake Drug Arrest
- Three arrested in Willows underage alcohol sales sting
- Man Arrested for Sending Explicit Snapchat Photos to Underage Students
- Bay Area Men Arrested In Connection with Chico Shooting Sunday
- Shasta County Sheriff's deputies arrest shooting suspect
- Shasta County Sheriff's Office: Arrested woman hospitalized