OROVILLE, Calif. - Two arrests were made in connection to an overdose incident at Gold Country Casino & Hotel, which sent four to the hospital including a 5-month-old baby.
Jonathan Shade, 24, of Roseville, and Holly Barker, 24, of Paradise, were treated and released from the hospital. Afterward, they were arrested on charges of child endangerment, possession of a controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia.
Shade was also charged with violation of probation.
The Butte County Sheriff's Office confirmed in the investigation that Shade and Barker are the parents of the 5-month-old located at the scene of the overdose.
Another person was located at the scene and identified as Randy Duong, 24, of Paradise. He was treated and released from the hospital.
Detectives are continuing to investigate where the drugs came from and whether this incident is in any way connected to the recent overdose incident in Chico.
- Two Arrested in Gold Country Casino Overdose Incident
- Three Hospitalized Following Overdose at Gold Country Casino & Hotel
- Fire crews extinguish grass fire near Gold Country Casino
- Victim Speaks Out About Chico Mass-Overdose Incident
- Last Patient Released, Police Continue to Investigate Mass-Overdose Incident
- Two arrested for shooting near Colusa Casino
- Perfect strategy behind USA's historic cross-country gold
- CHP Calling Arrest an 'Unusual Incident'
- How Doctors Treat Overdose Patients