A Thermalito family is going through a very difficult experience.
Journey Miller, 8, is battling some form of cancer, but the family has not yet learned what kind of cancer she has.
Her mom Andrea Davis says when Journey was 6, she began having severe headaches, and was having trouble with balance.
After many trips to other cities to see various specialists, she was told she had a brain tumor that needed to be removed immediately.
The family has been driving back and forth to Oakland for Journey’s care, and the medical and travel expenses are mounting. Davis says the financial stress is overwhelming, but the hardest part of the experience is watching her young daughter go through this life-changing event. Says Davis, “You're never prepared to hear that your kid has cancer or a tumor or anything wrong with them. You never are prepared.”
A “You Caring” account has been set up to help the family. Click on the following link:
- Thermalito family faces mounting bills after daughter's cancer diagnosis
- Concert benefits Thermalito girl with cancer
- 2-Acre Fire Destroys Thermalito Home
- 50K Steelhead Trout released into Thermalito Afterbay
- Vegetation Fire Burns 3 Acres in Thermalito
- Control Burn in the Thermalito Area
- Thermalito School Fire Damages Playground Equipment
- Fire at School Playground in Thermalito
- Firefighters extinguish structure fire in Thermalito
- Man Facing Charges for Attempted Murder in Mount Shasta