BREAKING: Renouned scientist Stephen Hawking dies at the age of 76 Tuesday evening.
Hawking's children Lucy and Tim have released this statement:
"He was a great scientist and an extraordinary man whose work and legacy will live on for many years."
Hawking wrote the mysteries of space, time and black holes in his book "A Brief History of Time."
The book became an international bestseller, making him one of science's biggest celebrities since Albert Einstein.
Even though his body was attacked by ALS when he was 21, he stunned doctors by living with the normally fatal illness for more than 50 years.
- Theoretical physicist Stephen Hawking has died at 76
- Hundreds remember life of Stephen Hawking at Cambridge funeral
- Stephen Hillenburg, Creator of 'SpongeBob SquarePants,' has Died
- Aretha Franklin passes away at 76
- Pro skateboarder Tony Hawk skates through Chico
- Skateboarding star Tony Hawk visits Chico
- Robin Leach, 'Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous' Host, Dies at 76
- Chico Street Crimes Unit Makes 76 Arrests in 3 Weeks
- Northern White Rhino Dies
- Retired Redding K9 Dies