PARADISE, Calif. -- "Moving forward" is the theme for this year's Gold Nugget Days in Paradise.
"We will be a community again, we'll get it back. It's going to take a little bit of time, but we will carry on," said Bill Hartley, the Vice President of Gold Nugget Days.
Since the Camp Fire, many have asked if there will be a Gold Nugget Days this year.
"There was so much excitement and people pulling for the Gold Nugget Museum we knew we could make it happen because there were so many people who wanted to make it happen," said Hartley.
The Gold Nugget Museum was destroyed in the Camp Fire.
"We may not have a building anymore, but we still have the spirit and the drive to go forward with our local activities," said Hartley.
Moving forward is the operative word. It's the theme of this year's Gold Nugget Days.
This year's parade will start at the Old Magalia Church.
"It's a very short parade, but we want to be able to provide activities for folks to be able to escape from everything that's going on around them for a little while and just have fun," said Hartley.
Hartley said this year's Gold Nugget Days won't be exactly the same as in years past, but it's one step closer towards moving forward.
"We thought that we'd move forward in that direction to rebuild our museum and this is our start. Gold Nugget Days is our start," said Hartley.
2019 GOLD NUGGET DAYS EVENTS
- PLaCe Wine, Cheese and Beer Fundraiser: Friday April 26th from 4pm-8pm, Paradise Lutheran Church
- Donkey Derby and Pancake Breakfast, Saturday, April 27th, 8am to 10pm, Sawmill Ball Park/Old Magalia Church, Magalia
- Paradise/Procession, April 27th, 10am to 11am, Old Magalia Church to Indian Drive, Magalia
- Gold Nugget Days, April 27th, 12pm to 4pm, Paradise Community Park, Black Olive Drive, Paradise
-Gold Nugget Craft Faire, Saturday, April 27th, 9am to 5pm, Terry Ashe Park, Paradise
- Gold Nugget Days Hoedown, Saturday, April 27th, 6pm to 9pm, 1080 Ewald Court, Paradise