LOS ANGELES - The former first couple is getting into the TV business.
Barack and Michelle Obama have signed a multi-year deal with Netflix to produce series and features for the streaming service.
The arrangement allows for scripted and unscripted content, as well as documentaries and features.
The content will be produced by higher ground productions.
It's not known how much the deal is worth or to what extent the couple will have an on-camera presence in any of the projects.
In a written statement, the former president said he hopes their programs will "promote greater empathy and understanding between peoples".
- The Obamas Agree to Produce Series for Netflix
- Netflix prices are going up
- Alcohol beverage producers get tax cuts
- Dignity Health Employees Agree to New Contract
- New Netflix series brings attention to Trump's call for death penalty in 1989 during Central Park Five case
- Netflix could face trouble ahead. Here's why
- Chico Man Convicted of Producing and Manufacturing Concentrated Marijuana
- Pot Suspects Convicted in Case Involving "Self Produced" Video
- Produce Industry Expects to Ship Some Romaine Again Soon