The Valene L. Smith Museum of Anthropology’s annual museum benefit, "The Local Table" is set for Sunday April 8th from 4 - 7 p.m.
I takes place at Wine Time on the Esplanade in north Chico.
The event features an afternoon of tasting locally grown and produced foods, brews and wines for a good cause. This is the 5th year for The Local Table. The theme this year is "The Good Life— La Dolce Vita."
A trio from the popular local jazz band "Bogg" will perform, and talented chefs at Chico Natural Foods will be catering with a Mediterranean theme. You will be able to enjoy pours from New Clairveaux Vineyards, Strawhouse Cellars, Roney Wines, Nessere Vineyards and British Bulldog Brews.
In keeping with the theme — the Silent Auction will feature experiences and products that exemplify THE GOOD LIFE .
The Valene L. Smith Museum of Anthropology is the only Anthropology Museum in the area. It's located in the Meriam Library complex on the CSU, Chico campus. It brings the stories of the human experience to life through programming and exhibitions and offers FREE admission, FREE K-12 school tours, Free public lectures & Free family days. Students at CSU, Chico are involved in researching and setting up the exhibits.
Tickets to The Local Table are $35 in advance, $40 at the door. They are available at Greenline Cycles, Zucchini & Vine, Chico Natural Foods Co-Op, The Museum and at Wine Time. Must be 21 to attend.
For more information call (530) 898-5397 or visit www.csuchico.edu/anthmuseum.
- The Local Table to Benefit Anthropology Museum
- Anthropology Museum Offers Unique Summer Camps
- I Heart Anthropology Week Starts Saturday at Valene L. Smith Museum of Anthropology
- "An Evening to Treasure" will benefit Gateway Science Museum
- Book Signing Benefit for Local Scholarships
- Hiking Table Mountain will soon come at a cost
- Chico's Sit-Lie Ordinance Back On The Table
- Mom pushes for adult changing tables in restrooms
- Gateway Science Museum new exhibit
- Imprisoned at Home Museum Exhibit