Chico, Calif. - "Coming Together" is the theme of The Local Table benefit for the Valene L. Smith Museum of Anthropology at CSU, Chico.
The Wine, Beer and Food Tasting event takes place Sunday, April 7th from 4 - 7 p.m. at Wine Time on the Esplanade in Chico.
Spanish Tapas prepared by Chico Natural Foods will be featured, along with music by the BOGG Jazz Ensemble, a Flamenco Dance Performance and a Silent Auction featuring exciting local experiences, art, local products, imported textiles, jewelry and more.
A tasting ticket will feature local producers that include Straw House Cellars, New Clairvaux Vineyard, Almendra Winery, Nessere Vineyards, British Bulldog Brewery and Cellar Door Cidar. This is also a Certified Green Event.
The Valene L. Smith Museum of Anthropology trains university students to become museum professionals. The museum's mission is to promote respect and appreciation for human diversity through CSU, Chico's academic museum studies program within the Department of Anthropology.
Every year there are many field trips for young students at local schools and summer camp programs are offered. Entrance to the museum itself is FREE. It's located in the Meriam Library Complex on campus.
Tickets to The Local Table are $35 in advance, $40 at the door. They are available at the museum, Chico Natural Foods Co-Op and Zucchini and Vine. Also, online at the museum website at https://www.csuchico.edu/anthmuseum/.
- The Local Table Wine and Food Tasting to benefit Anthropology Museum
- The Local Table to Benefit Anthropology Museum
- Anthropology Museum Offers Unique Summer Camps
- I Heart Anthropology Week Starts Saturday at Valene L. Smith Museum of Anthropology
- Free Wine Tasting Comes to Cottonwood
- Chico State Anthropology Dept. helps identify Camp Fire victims
- Youth to benefit from An Evening of Chocolate, Wine & Brew
- Taste of Redding is Sunday
- Table Mountain Blvd vegetation fire
- "An Evening to Treasure" will benefit Gateway Science Museum