DALLAS (AP) - The father of a 3-year-old girl whose body was found near their suburban Dallas home less than a year after she was adopted from an Indian orphanage has been indicted on a capital murder charge.
Dallas County court records show 37-year-old Wesley Mathews also faces charges of abandoning a child and tampering with evidence. He is already charged with felony injury to a child.
Police say Mathews told investigators that Sherin Mathews choked on her milk.
Mathews is being held at the Dallas County jail on a $1 million bond. His wife, 35-year-old Sini Mathews, is being held on a charge of abandoning a child.
An attorney for Wesley Mathews did not immediately return a call for comment.
- Texas father charged with murder in death of Indian orphan
- Bear cub orphaned in Camp Fire rescued in Yankee Hill
- Ex-deputy charged with murder of father of lover's children
- Indian Valley Grasshopper Invasion
- Colorado Father Arrested In Family's Murder
- Fairfield Father Charged with Torturing 10 Children
- New details in 2017 murder of Chico father
- Quincy Woman Drowns in Indian Falls
- Paskenta Band of Nomlaki Indians Launch Fundraiser