UPDATE 6:13 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 2, 2018 - There were still several engines from the Redding Fire Department and Cal Fire at the scene at 5 p.m. on Sunday. City of Redding officials have told us now that road blocks are still in place.
Fire officials said the location of the fire, coupled with the amount of equipment dispatched to fight it, made it necessary to close down Quartz Hill Road between Terra Nova Drive and River Ridge Road. After approximately one hour, the road block was reduced to Quartz Hill Road between Stone Canyon Drive and River Ridge Road as the fire was contained.
UPDATE 5:43 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 2, 2018 - Crews from CAL FIRE and the City of Redding Fire Department battled a 13-acre fire Sunday along Quartz Hill Road near Terra Nova Drive. The fire broke out just before 1 p.m.
Fire crews had the flames qucikly under control, thanks to air attack as well as ground crews, officials said.
Homes in the area were threatened for a time, but officials said they did not believe they were in danger.
The fire was very close to where the edge of the Carr Fire reached within the limits of Redding.
Fire crews will remain on scene for several hours mopping the fire up.
The roads in the area have since re-opened.
REDDING, Calif. - The Terra Fire on Quartz Hill Road and Terra Nova in Redding is now 100 percent contained. There is a road closure in the area, and there is no estimated time for reopening. Officials are requesting drivers to detour, and not expect to travel freely on Quart Hill Road Sunday evening.
The vegetation fire was 13 acres in size.
We will have a report on this fire with video during our 5 p.m. news broadcast tonight. Our newscast will also be streamed online at 5 p.m.
- Redding Fire Officials Say Part of Quartz Hill Road Still Closed Due to Terra Fire
- Quartz Hill Road Improvement Project Begins in Redding
- Redding fire officials investigating auto yard fire
- Airport Road Temporarily Closed due to Car Crash in Redding
- Redding Businesses Suffer due to Carr Fire
- Sewer Project Closes Parts of Churn Creek Road in Redding
- Fire Closes Logan's Roadhouse in Redding
- Redding Warehouse Fire
- Post Offices Temporarily Close Due to Carr Fire
- Parts of Yosemite National Park closed due to wildfire