TEHAMA COUNTY, Calif. - An effort is underway to fight the release of a sexually violent predator to Tehama County.
The district attorney says the Department of State Hospitals and Liberty Health Care, in conjunction with Humboldt County, are trying to place Joshua Cooley in an area off of Highway 36 West.
If placed in this area, officials said he would continue treatment in Tehama County on an outpatient basis.
Cooley's crimes were committed in Humboldt County, but a judge there has ruled that he should go to Tehama County because of failure to find a suitable place for Cooley in Humboldt County.
Tehama County law enforcement and members of the Board of Supervisors have all written letters against the move.
A hearing on the matter will be held in Eureka on July 19. Stay tuned for updates.
- Tehama County officials against release of violent, sexual predator in the county
- Judge rules against placing violent, sexual predator in Tehama County
- Community speaks out against placement of violent, sexual predator in Tehama County
- Tehama County Election Results
- 'Violent Predator' Faces Three Murder Charges After Attacks on Homeless
- TORNADO WARNING IN TEHAMA COUNTY
- Reports of Child Sexual Assaults up in Tehama County
- Tehama County man sentenced for sexually abusing boys
- Tehama County officials to replace Jellys Ferry Bridge
- Tehama County DA speaks about the Rancho Tehama shootings