TEHAMA COUNTY, Calif. - A Tehama County man was sentenced to 30 years in prison on Friday for sexually abusing young boys.
Scott McLaughlin was sentenced after pleading guilty to five separate counts.
The plea is part of a deal with prosecutors in which half the charges against him were dropped and the victims did not have to testify.
Prosecutors say McLaughlin tried to withdraw his plea twice but the court denied it.
They say he operated a motocross business and used it to meet young men. He would then use drugs or threats to force them to perform sex acts against their will.
- Tehama County man sentenced for sexually abusing boys
- Tehama County Man Sentenced for Assault on Child
- Tehama County Election Results
- Reports of Child Sexual Assaults up in Tehama County
- Judge rules against placing violent, sexual predator in Tehama County
- Man Stabbed in Tehama County Monastery
- Silver Alert canceled for Tehama County man
- Two Tehama County men receive life sentences for separate murders
- TORNADO WARNING IN TEHAMA COUNTY
- Tehama County Votes: Measure G