Tehama County District Attorney investigators arrested Roland Bennett, 49 years old of Corning for bribing a witness, and conspiracy to commit a crime on Saturday November 18th.
He was booked into Tehama County Jail with a $50,000 bail, which he later posted bail and was released.
The arrest was a result of a yearlong investigation. Bennett was the lawyer representing a person charged in Tehama County Superior Court with felony charges.
The person’s name is not being released at this time.
Over the last year Bennett approached and offered to pay the victim in the case in return for him not cooperating with the DA’s office, and not to appear in court.
- Tehama County lawyer charged with bribing a witness
- Witness describes scene of deadly Tehama County shooting
- Tehama County Election Results
- TORNADO WARNING IN TEHAMA COUNTY
- Tehama County DA speaks about the Rancho Tehama shootings
- Man Arrested on Rape Charges in Tehama County
- 9 adults arrested in Tehama County on truancy charges
- Breaking News Report: shooting in Tehama County
- Local group challenges Tehama County cannabis laws
- Tehama County residents challenge pot laws