TEHAMA COUNTY, Calif. - In Tehama County, there are three measures to be decided by voters next Tuesday. One is to bring improvements to Gerber Elementary School.
Measure E will be decided only by people who live within the Gerber Union Elementary School District.
The district has just one school: a kindergarten through eighth school.
RELATED: Tehama County Votes: Measure F
Measure E would allow the district to sell bonds for up to $4 million. That is estimated to bring in about $220,000 each year.
The money would be used primarily to improve student security and safety like a new student pick-up/drop-off area and reconfiguring the campus to include a single point of entry.
The bond money would also allow the district to build new classrooms to replace old portable buildings.
RELATED: Tehama County Votes: Measure G
But voters would be agreeing to a tax of 2.7 cents for every $100 of assessed value. Meaning a $200,000 home would pay $54 a year.
A "yes" vote on Measure E would approve the bond issue.
A "no" vote would reject the measure.
Measure E requires a 55% approval to pass.
- Tehama County Votes: Measure E
- Tehama County Votes: Measure G
- Tehama County Votes: Measure F
- Butte County Votes: Measure A
- Shasta County votes: Measure B
- Shasta County votes: Measure A
- Trinity County votes: Local measures
- 2020 Voting information for Tehama County
- Tehama County Election Results
- Tehama County coronavirus response