TEHAMA COUNTY, Calif. - Tehama County is moving forward with a 10-year plan to end homelessness in the area.
The first step will be to establish a center to provide services and shelter. The shelter is planned to be located on Vista Way, near the Red Bluff Airport.
$3 million in renovations is needed to complete the project and coordinators are hoping that grant money will provide funding for those services.
"We plan to have one building - one facility - that has a daytime navigation center with many agencies while providing services as well as a nighttime shelter," said Valerie Lucero, executive director of Tehama County Health Services.
Tehama County's last survey showed 157 people were homeless within the county, but health officials say that number is much higher.
They hope to open the center by next year.
- Tehama County Takes Steps to end Homelessness
- Tehama County Election Results
- TORNADO WARNING IN TEHAMA COUNTY
- Shasta and Tehama Counties take part in National Night Out
- Tehama County DA speaks about the Rancho Tehama shootings
- Breaking News Report: shooting in Tehama County
- Local group challenges Tehama County cannabis laws
- Tehama County residents challenge pot laws
- Tehama County Woman Convicted of Attempted Murder
- Man Stabbed in Tehama County Monastery