TEHAMA COUNTY, Calif. - A Tehama County man was sentenced to 70 years to life for assault on a child in a hearing on Monday.
The sentencing hearing came after a jury trial that took place from Oct. 3-9 where the defendent was charged with four counts of aggravated sexual assault of a child under 14 and one count of forcible lewd act on a child.
The jury found Rodrigo Mendez Govea guilty on all counts.
Judge Jonathan Skillman sentenced Govea to a maximum possible sentence: 70 years to life.
- Tehama County Man Sentenced for Assault on Child
- Reports of Child Sexual Assaults up in Tehama County
- Tehama County Election Results
- Tehama Co. man arrested for allegedly assaulting two women
- Man Stabbed in Tehama County Monastery
- Two Tehama County men receive life sentences for separate murders
- TORNADO WARNING IN TEHAMA COUNTY
- Anderson Man Sentenced for Assault on Officer
- Man Sentenced for Assaulting Hospital Security Guard
- North State man sentenced for burglary, assault