Redding police said that three burglars were apprehended Sunday morning after trying to steal from a popular Redding butcher shop.
According to Redding police, it happened just after midnight Sunday, when officers were dispatched to an audible burglary alarm at "R and R Meats" located at 2195 East St., Redding.
When officers arrived they found a smashed window, but a passing motorist said he saw three men leaving northbound on Garden Avenue when the shop alarm rang off.
Officer Trevor Kuyper caught up with the three men at Continental and Yuba Street, which turned out to be teenagers ranging from ages 14 to 17.
A witness later came to confirm the suspects involved with the butcher shop burglary, but after an investigation was conducted, police discovered that the teenagers tried to enter the business to steal from the cash register, but fled after hearing the alarm.
No property was taken before they fled, but the teenagers were booked into Shasta County Juvenile Hall for:
- Commercial burglary
- Conspiracy to commit burglary
Their names are being withheld due to their ages.
- Teenage burglars caught on Christmas Eve
- Oroville cinema burglar caught in the act
- Woman injured after Christmas Eve shooting
- Rain for Christmas Eve with mountain snow
- AAA Offering "Tipsy Tow" on Christmas Eve
- Woman caught burglarizing, possessing explosives, accomplice at large: SCSO
- Alleged ATM Burglars Caught in Redding, 1 Suspect Outstanding
- Runaway Chico teenager located
- Festive New Year's Eve cocktail
- New Year's Eve Driving Concerns